Saturday, March 14, 2009

Authentic Relationships

Dear Friends,
As I sat with you, listening to Pastor Jeff share his vision for the ONE, I was certain that someone had tapped into my brain, downloaded my “relationship building” file, and then invited me to it’s public broadcast! For many months now, God has been speaking to me on the subjects of relationships and authenticity. Admittedly, I have a lot of what I refer to as Sunday morning, “hey, how’s it going” friends. Now, God is leading me to build more meaningful, authentic relationships – especially with my brothers and sisters at LHC. In addition to being a passionate participant in the ONE campaign, I am also implementing changes to the LHC Sports Ministry to center our focus on developing relationships within LHC. Rather than entering teams into a competitive league, this year LHC will field teams in a men’s recreational church softball league. Again, the emphasis is on having fun and building authentic relationships – no talent required! I encourage the men participating in ONE to invite your ONE to sign up with you. It will provide a platform for you and your ONE to hang out and have some fun one night each week. Come see me at the registration table over the next two Sundays.

Wayne Marshall

No comments:

Post a Comment