Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Discipleship

I have taken the One call and used it to connect with a neighbor and begin a discipleship process. We will be going through some tried and true materials call the 10 Basic Steps which Bill Bright developed a long time ago.

No one ever knows where to start in the discipleship process and I beleive that the best place is with a solid foundation. To often we assume folks in the church know certian Biblical truths and principles when in reality they do not. Going through some core materials may seem simplistic they are great spiritual reminders for me and the foundation for spiritual growth for my disciple.

I know that others are at different points in determining what they will be doing but always remember to start with the foundation of Biblical truth and go from there. This way you are both on the same page and can then determine where to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment