Thursday, March 19, 2009

Have you ever come to a chapter in the Bible where it list all the names of people and wondered why should I read this? Today I finished the book of Romans and chapter 16 has such a list. As we read these there is much to be learned if we take the time to carefully read and ask God to give us understanding. Fortunately pull gives us a little more meat then the old testament list.

For example vs. 5 where Epenetus is mentus. Do you know who he is? The first convert to Christ in Asia! Can you imagin being the first convert to Christ for a whole continent? Many of us are the first for our family and have the burden to and privilage to reach others. Epenetus probably had a bigger target audience on him mind.

But vs. 3 we hear of Priscilla & Aquila again and notice what is said about them "They risk their lives for me." Their lives! What have you risk for the cause of the Gospel? I was once threatened with jail while in Greece on my first mission trip. But I believe that i have become civilized in my faith and do not risk anything. We are afraid to risk our "reputation", freinds or something else that is of little eternal value in order to share the live changing power of the gospel to others.

Ask God to give you the Barbarian style of faith and to live with an eternal perspective today!

No comments:

Post a Comment